45K views 156 replies 31 participants last post by  montess408 
#1 ·
Just a few teaser pictures of the past month work

The next couple month will be a lot of work ahead

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
93cavalier said:
Nice!! what cav is this? The one you got from jowek70 had a sunroof unless you shaved that hole shut?
No this is a different one I decided to start with a more complete car this one ran and drove before I took it apart picked it up for 300 completely rust free interior decent and I was told the engine had no oil pressure but I through another sensor in and I was all good

Hoping for around 500 HP and finally wont have to worry about the manual exploding.

But more to come

#9 ·
And now you officially have my full attention! Glad to hear there's no "built" 3 speed.

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on this one. 3500 with a lot of boost, and the ability to launch should be a fast bitch. :love:

Since I'm only just over a couple hours away, where do you run? And do you ever find yourself in need of a good hand?

#11 ·
Ok i guess ill shed a little more light on this project

3500 with forged crank
Internal 7x crank
Street Strip Turbo Cam
Comp Cams 26986 valve springs
ARP Hardware
Little Top end work nothing crazy
Custom build headers
Precision 6262 Billet Turbo
Tial Wastegate and BOV
CxRacing Intercooler
All SS piping
MSD Dis-6
Fully Built 4t65e-HD build by triple Edge Performance
Custom Axles
Megasquirt 3 For the Engine
GPIO Megashift for the Tranny (push button shifting with full auto mode)
Custom solid motor mounts with all the seams in the monting areas welded solid
16ga Fuel Cell
All SS Braided Lines
Bosch 044 External Pump
Mallory Regulator
Twin Feed Rails
80lbs Motron Injectors (Either Methonal- or race grade E-85)
Full 6 point Cage
Sparco Seats
RCI Cam Lock Race Harnesses
and all the odds and ends ....

As far as where i race well probly tune and dial it in at a local 1/8th mile track in Glenwood Iowa but not my favorite place

Kearney and then a little local track right on the Colorado Nebraksa border are my favorite

#15 ·
daveycav90 said:
mars_man said:
I think that'll make 500HP easy.
Lol is this sarcastic or you think so :)
nope, no sarcasm.

My camaro has basically the same mods...

If you look at the HP calculator on here :

Your FBOMB weighs about 3150 pounds and can run the 1/4 mile in about 11.26 seconds. This computes to about 436.10 HP at the wheels, and about 566.93 HP at the flywheel.
That's at pretty low boost, slighlty larger NON-BB turbo. I also think my car is heavier than 3150 with me in it, I just ballparked it... Likely closer to 3400 lbs... Which converts to 470WHP / 611HP

:)

You'll have fun with the car. 3500's are reliable at high boost as well. I say add in a meth inj. kit for good measure.

#17 ·
Ok lol That's what I'm thinking about pure methanol but I've never heard anyone doing that.
But with e85 I never saw any knock or overheating issues with it. I actually sold my Meth kit cause I just never used it anymore

But as far as needing a 3500 I just got one but the top end maybe but the engines are kinda cheap to be putting a crap load of money in to it

#18 ·
damn thats the turbo i wanted to use, but again I could not find any maps to see where abouts I'll be in the turbo efficiency. I'm still curious about the spool times, is your BB?, but anyways let me know how that turbo goes and maybe I'll sell mines and get that one or be content with what I have now.

#21 ·
Yeah what A/R you have plus i think if you went with a .82 or .84 you should be fine. Our 3500 motors breathe more than like a honda per say with 1.8 or a 2.0l so yeah. No info on what spool times are expected? Looks like ill give them a call for sure and see what's up even though I never ran my turbo just yet.

#24 ·
phenolic said:
Good choice on the trans, however, I'd have gone 4t80 and only worry about the rods being the limiter.
The 4t65E hd has been build to cars over 800hp and has very many aftermarket parts and it has been put in the jbody many times

Update wise i really dont have much this week just getting all the parts in finally still waiting for the WOT order i know the cam takes some time.

Also i decided to talk with precision again before my final choice of turbo im stuck between the 6262 v-band in/out .64 ar or a .82 ar

#25 ·
daveycav90 said:
phenolic said:
Good choice on the trans, however, I'd have gone 4t80 and only worry about the rods being the limiter.
The 4t65E hd has been build to cars over 800hp and has very many aftermarket parts and it has been put in the jbody many times

Update wise i really dont have much this week just getting all the parts in finally still waiting for the WOT order i know the cam takes some time.

Also i decided to talk with precision again before my final choice of turbo im stuck between the 6262 v-band in/out .64 ar or a .82 ar
Just felt like mentioning that info, I already know what a well built 65E can do after the money is thrown at it.
The 80E doesn't need much if anything done internally to handle what a semi street-able 3500 could ever throw at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.