J-Body Automobiles Forum banner

Any Interest: Solid Poly Engine and Trans Mounts

5K views 33 replies 6 participants last post by  matttren 
#1 ·
I'm going to be making some solid poly engine and trans mounts if anyone is interested I will do a small run. I am thinking about making some 95a shore mounts and 75D (as hard as a bowling ball).

<LIST>

• $150 - if you send you old mounts in with return shipping included.
    ($80 core if you want to send back old ones within (2 weeks)
    $230 if I supply the mounts
</LIST>
<LIST>

• Medium Soft (40A)
    Medium Hard (60A)
    Hard (80A)
    Extra Hard (94A)
    Extra Hard (60D)
    Extra Hard (85D) (*Ask for price*)
</LIST>

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
95a shouldn't be too bad. That is what most people use on a daily driver. I will be making a set for my car sometime next week. I was just throwing it out there before I buy materials. Gm v6s are naturally balanced so vibrations shouldn't be to bad. My 2003 and 2000 cavalier had solid poly mount and it isn't to bad. They have a small vibration when pulling out below 1500rpms but they are really stiff mounts. The driving difference is amazing, shifting is amazing up and down. It makes the car a lot more responsive.

#5 ·
I was thinking ~$120 for all four if people could send me bad mounts to use if not I will check on pricing new mounts. I was looking into making the mounts completely from scrat but it does not need worth it since few people would be interested.

#9 ·
I am interested in a set!

I am beginning to prep my 3400 to swap into my 1987 Z24. 5 speed manual trans. I would love upgraded mounts so I do not experience a failure shortly after the swap from the added power.

Let me know what you would need from me. I do no have my original mounts out yet, so I do not have anything to supply at this time. If needed, I will get new mounts to send to you, or will obtain a used set from elsewhere. I am not pulling the original 2.8L motor out until my 3400 is built and ready.

#10 ·
Here are the prototypes I made. I ran out of poly so the dog bone is not 100% full and the trans mission mount I forgot to clock but i fixed that. The next set should be perfect. I have to wait till Friday to test them as this poly has a long cure time.

Attachments

#13 ·
I'm going to try to post pictures later. I finally got all the mounts installed and it is a world of a difference. Whoever is interested, I am going to be making molds for these to "hopefully" have a better cosmetic appearance, even though you will never see them.

#17 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates, I ran into an issue with the car. It has a serious smoking issue I cannot figure out. I will start making mounts for people soon. I have pictures I want to upload just have not had time.

#18 ·
I had to modify my trans mount because I did not realize it had to be clocked when I first made it. That will not happen again.

Attachments

#20 ·
Trans and Rear mount.

Attachments

#21 ·
They look good.

I see you set the anchor lower than they sit unloaded on the rear mount. That is a must, because I found the engine sat too high when I filled a new mount. I had to remake one, which is a solid fill, rather then filling the voids on another new one. It worked very well for me and seeing you were wise enough to sit the anchor in a 'loaded' position, it should be perfect for you too.

#23 ·
Anyone who is interested in sending their own mounts in or want to buy a set please PM me and I will make a set for you. I want to keep comments related to the mounts. I will do any hardness you want since there isn't enough people to do a bulk buy. I would need at least 5 people for a group buy. The price will be a little more and include shipping for individual purchases. I am willing to do it for $150 shipped back if you send in your own mounts. It will be an additional $80 if I have to supply the mounts or a core charge that will be refunded if you send back your old ones within two weeks.

<LIST>

• $150 - if you send you old mounts in with return shipping included.
    ($80 core if you want to send back old ones within (2 weeks)
    $230 if I supply the mounts
</LIST>

#24 ·
Here is a scale for you to go off of. When I installed the rear mount there was a noticeable increase in vibrations at idle. When you want to order just let me know what hardness you want.
<LIST>

• Medium Soft (40A)
    Medium Hard (60A)
    Hard (80A)
    Extra Hard (94A)
    Extra Hard (60D)
    Extra Hard (85D) (*Ask for price*)
</LIST>

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.