J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Almost redline everygear. The higher RPM you go in a gear the more power you get, as you know the lower gears accelerate you faster. If you are just street reacing most people only race until the end of third or the next light, you don't want to get busted by a cop. My buddy and I got pulled over last night for racing, but the cop was nice and let us off with a warning.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Actually, since the engines HP dies off after 5000 RMP's, many people have experienced better results shifting before 5 grand. Unfortunately I am stuck with a stupid auto, which is geared a lot different, so I can't test this theory.

·
Registered
129 Posts
your right moon. ive raced quite a bit and its better if you shift at around 4500 cause when u throw that clutch in ur gonna be sitting at about 5000 which will in turn work better instead of redlining. if ya dont beleive me go try it. u will see what ur engine will do and wont do.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey,

Thanks for that advice guys, I've always been taught to shift at redline (by my brother who drives a 5.0 and drags) but I think I'm going to try shifting at 5 grand (i redline at 5,500) and see how things work out.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
wtf, how do you people find these old posts?
its gotta take some seriouse effort to find a 3 year old post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.