J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
deepen the grooves in the pushrod guide plates as much as you can, when installing them you need to make sure you have given them enough clearance for the pushrods. as the pushrods sit closer towards the guides with the new rocker ratio.

you need to pull the lower intake manifold to do the swap properly, because you need to set the lifter preload by being able to feel/twist the pushrods while setting the preload.

·
Registered
155 Posts
huh? I want to put 1.6:1 roller rockers too and I didn't know you had to do all that stuff? what the hell i thought it was gonna be a bolt on type thing lol now I hear i have to cut stuff too :roll: . oh well i'm outta touch with cars now i've been working too much...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Warning: If you do not grind the push rod guides all the way down you can bend push rods, break push rod guides, break valve keepers and risk complete engine failure if a valve falls. I was saved by the fact that only one of the two keepers was knocked off. We pumped compressed air into the cylinder, held the valve up, compressed the valve spring and reattached new keepers. Grind the valley all the way down to the stem of the guide! Besides being able to properly preload the rocker nuts, it is really tight getting into the back of the engine. It's a bitch pulling the lower manifold but thats the right way to do it.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.