J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tnd27 said:
very nice run man, i had similar 60', must have worked on that top end...
haha the only reason i have that good of 60 ' are cuz i jsut put a brand new suspension in it. before that it was 2.3 and 2.4's

also managed to snapped one of the axels.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
nice time there dan.

almost, just almost caught up with me... like (fingers close to gether) this close eh.

so whats this about a noise?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
ahh i see...

axles suck. so far my axle count has been two R.H axles. One R.h intermediate shaft bracket, and two intermediate shaft bracket bearings...

at least you didnt have trouble at the track with your 4th gear synchro letting go... (hmm... this will be trans repair #3)

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
colin, don't you think it's time for a NEW (well different) tranny?

and danielle hasn't mentioned it yet, but the track time got cut short! fuckers closed @ 9 instead of 10 for no reason! I'm pretty sure he could have dropped 8 1/100ths with another hour at the track!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
dailydriverz said:

and danielle hasn't mentioned it yet, but the track time got cut short! fuckers closed @ 9 instead of 10 for no reason! I'm pretty sure he could have dropped 8 1/100ths with another hour at the track!
and if they would have put down track bite!

and that 14.66 was full interior :wink:

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
that IS a new transmission in there!!
it only has a total of 25,000 KMS on it... my ORIGINAL was taken out last year,

i got the replacement transmission with only 10,000 KMs on it.

and i ruined it within 15,000 kms.

and that 14.66 was full interior
i only took out my backseat to try and compensate for the lack of Danielle's weight..

he's what 5.4 or something at about 140-150 lbs..??

im 6.2 at 205 pounds...
he's got a big weight advantage.

its time to do some weight reduction this winter..... jenny craig style. LOL

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
Keeps on getting faster!

The problem I see is with those damn 60' times! Jason had a 2.18 60' time and he ran around a 16.1 in the 1/4. Are you having traction problems off the line? What tires are you using up front?

Brad

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brad91Z said:
Keeps on getting faster!

The problem I see is with those damn 60' times! Jason had a 2.18 60' time and he ran around a 16.1 in the 1/4. Are you having traction problems off the line? What tires are you using up front?

Brad
ya traction is a big problem, first gear will never hook and i even spin going into second..

i ran a set of 215/65/R14's, they are winter tires and they seemed to hook ok but still spun... :-?

im gone look for some wider tires

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Mr. Search Button said:
yeah but Moon has an auto and a fairly stock engine... its easy not to break tyres free and launch good with a stock engine.

the hybrid engine makes so much power that its hard not to break the tyres loose. very hard to launch now.

i even have a set of BFG Gforce KD tyres. a dry traction high performance tyre and they still spin all through the gears if i let it...

dawg and i have a very tricky situation just to launch without spinning, my personal best 60 foot time is a 2.22 most of the time its 2.3 seconds.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Mr. Search Button said:
Keeps on getting faster!
Yeah but JUST NOT fast enough... :p if you know what i mean.. 8) :D :moon: :wink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.