J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
johnyg said:
Very nice times man.

An no, thats not about average, average is low 16's.

-John
Ctimm_rs ran a 15.9 with an exhaust system and a stock intake. only other thing was the Eibach springs that kept him from bouncing. I ran a 16.5 with a really bad clutch and a few misc mods :p

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
I ran very consistant 15.9s at around 85 MPH with my 3.1 stick, launching at idle, no real suspension mods.

Your time of 15.80 is pretty good, the 60' is on the better side for a 1st/2nd gen J-body, I haven't seen too many people actualy able to pull a 2.2 60' much less consistantly, so next time you go work on your consistancy. :) and drop those RTs launch when the 2nd to last yellow is just going off, you should be able to cut low .5 RTs doing that, don't wait for teh green light to come on, that's when you get those high RTs.

G

·
moonwell said:
the_raven said:
I haven't seen too many people actualy able to pull a 2.2 60'
I ran a 2.180 60' :p

15.8 is a pretty good time.
I wouldn't brag about it too much...with all the low end torque we have, it's almost easier to get a good launch with a slushbox. I hate you. You bastard. :guns:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
z24dawg said:
when my car was still stock it ran 15.7 @ 87 mph

then with intake, muffler, no cat (stock 2 inch exhaust), and accel coils.. it ran 15.4 @ 87 mph with a 2.183 60 ' and 9.856 1/8 mile

;)
was 87 your fastest MPH? before when it was near stock?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Good times there for a stock Z. Best I did with the wckdz was a 16.2 but that was also on a very humid day and with about 300 some pounds worth of stereo crap in the back of the trunk. Plus it was also at Thompson Dragstrip where last years j-bash was, a track well known for being slow. One of these days I will get the car a few runs with all the weight reduction and the few new mods I have on it.

Once again congrats on the runs. :D

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
z_two_4 said:
z24dawg said:
when my car was still stock it ran 15.7 @ 87 mph

then with intake, muffler, no cat (stock 2 inch exhaust), and accel coils.. it ran 15.4 @ 87 mph with a 2.183 60 ' and 9.856 1/8 mile

;)
was 87 your fastest MPH? before when it was near stock?
nah i got 88 outta it i think

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.