J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just raced my buddie's '79 fairmont with a 302, with an edelbrock intake, and 600cfm carb, auto tranny with ratchet shift....
we both pulled up to a red light... it turned green, my tires spun all the way through first, and on into second... and i still kicked his ass by about a car length before i started slowing down.
i love my cavalier :love:

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and get this! i've got 235,000kms on the engine, and 300,000+ on the tranny with the ORIGINAL clutch!

i was extremely impressed with cavalier.

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
beamer said:
unixkid said:
Good work, show those ford bastards whos boss!
Alright, lets stop calling ford owners bastards everytime someone races one. Give it a rest already.

Nice kill too.
lol thanks, but i see no need to lay off the bastardizing comments

· Registered
6,135 Posts
...those Ford bastards, and those Mopar bastards, and those Chevy bastards, and those honda bastards, and those GMC bastards, and those Nissan bastards... ad infintum..

(note the sarcasm before you say anything stupid)...

G

·
I was just saying lay off because my parents own fords and my dad swears by them, besides their cars and v6 stangs. Not to mention I like ford as much as chevy and the domestics should spend time together killing MOST imports and calling them bastards instead of one another. Just cause ONE ford owner's car isn't the fastest doesn't make the dude/chick or the rest of them bastards.

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
beamer said:
I was just saying lay off because my parents own fords and my dad swears by them, besides their cars and v6 stangs. Not to mention I like ford as much as chevy and the domestics should spend time together killing MOST imports and calling them bastards instead of one another. Just cause ONE ford owner's car isn't the fastest doesn't make the dude/chick or the rest of them bastards.
all i'm sayin' is... i beat a 302 fairmont :D :D

· Registered
13,408 Posts
i'd race my cousin in is stang with a 302, but i wouldn't even try,lol, i'd be left in his dust, all he did was put a 4bbl on it and it goes :eek: it's a 66 stang, should race him just for fun :) haha

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
roxy91rs said:
Was it a Fairmont Futura? I would love to get my hands on one. You do know that the Fairmont is what Mustangs were based on, they use the same Fox platform. That is one hell of a sleeper!
naw, it's just a fairmont. ya i know... everything's interchagable... he's already got mustang gt seats in it. it's definetly a sleeper... lol but it got a rude awakening by my cav

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.