J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my dad knows a guy who is getting rid of his 1987 Pontaic 6000 FWD 2.8L, no title so ill get it for free. My ? is that will this 2.8 fit into my car? is it multi port fuel injected? Once i get it if i do im gonna take the engine out and strip it then build it up.

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
soup said:
88cavalierz24 said:
sweet, so wanna help pull it with me haha ;) j/k.
oh boy, this should be interesting......lmao
y would it be interesting? is it the fact i dont have a hoist or that i dont have a stand, or that we'd do it on the street?

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
:eek:

ill be bringing a camera for this one!!!!!!!!!!!! this is gonne be an interesting sight to see

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
i still think you should rent an engine hoist or something, if i show up i aint lifting that shit!!!! i have done an engine swap before, its no cake walk!!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Listen to the man . An engine hoist is like $25 a day. Those engines are freaking heavy!! Trust me I know . Never knew a 2.2 weighed that much! :eek:

Hey soup are ya coming to check out my engine swap next week? :p

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Im shooting for Monday if the weather is nice! Ill take off of work and get an early start. Ill let ya know
:p

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
when dont ya work? Ill see what i can do with my schedule. That or take lots of pictures! :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
markeemsz said:
when dont ya work? Ill see what i can do with my schedule. That or take lots of pictures! :lol:
who knows :roll:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
does this 6000 your getting have rear disc brakes? cuz i heard a while back that you could use those rear discs and swap them to your cav.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.