J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my cavalier sense high school, when I was 21,I put it in storage in my grandmother's garage,I got it out after 20 years of sitting, it would not start,just cranked,I looked it over and no fuel to the rail,I put a new pump,tank,injectors,regulator, all new gaskets,I also had the heads redone,it runs fine when cold,but when warm and it sits and idles for more than 3 minutes,the engine light comes on with a rich code,if I drive it for a minute it will go away,kinda has a rotten egg smell to it after a while,I have been chasing this problem for a while now,new A/C delco 02 sensor,new egr valve,(which was nearly impossible to find)new map sensor,new coolent temp sensor,new idle air control, new throttle position sensor, I even went as far as to putting a new computer in it,its definitely been driving me nutts,sometimes when I take off,it will bog out,like its lean?after I drive it for a while,I'll let it set for a few minutes,start it back up,and it revs up to 3000 like its loaded up with fuel,and then runs normal,I also changed all ignition componants to new,plugs,wires,coils,module, fuel filter is new,any insight would be appreciated guys,trying to swing back to the 0bd1 era can be a bitch sometimes, it's not like I can hook my snap on scanner up to it!Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1988 Z24 Coupe 5spd, 1988 Wagon w/94 Auto Drivetrain, 1992 Z24 Convertible Auto, 1994 Z24 Coupe 5spd
2,714 Posts
Hello and welcome.
What year is your car?
What brand fuel injectors did you use?
You can get a OBD1 to USB cable and use Tuner Pro RT on a laptop to see the data.

·
Premium Member
1988 Z24 Coupe 5spd, 1988 Wagon w/94 Auto Drivetrain, 1992 Z24 Convertible Auto, 1994 Z24 Coupe 5spd
2,714 Posts
Yeah, I feel sure we have all had problems finding one thing or another. Some things are just gone and likely won't be made anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.