J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am looking to possibly get a 1991-1994 Cavalier Z24 Convertible. I was wondering if you guys could give me a little more information on these cars. Things like are they a good vehicle or are they known to have common problems? What sort of things should I look for when looking at these cars used?

Attn Owners: What problems have you guys encountered? About how long do the stock convertible tops last?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, Scott

·
Registered
31 Posts
I own a 92 z-24 convertible. I've owned it for about 6 months now and nothing has gone wrong with it. As far as the top goes mine is only a year old and it's in perfect shape. I also have not been able to find any information about my car. I have gone to dealerships before and they have told me that they didn't make very many of my car and that i would have a hard time finding information about it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also own a 92 Z24 ragtop and found out from Chevy they made about 2100 of them in 92. You can send an e-mail inquiry to Chevy Customer Service and they will eventually get back to you. What kind of other information do you want to know?

·
Registered
12 Posts
well, as far as figuring shit out. Ive found that this website is about the best. The good things to look for in a Z is find one with a 3.1L, 2.8 is also a good choice though. How much did you buy your car for? (how much would you sell it for? lol j/k. not really) but im looking to buy a z24 eventually, but for right now im just gonna drop a 3.1L in my 1992 CavalierRS Hardtop. but im gonna just keep my eyes peeled and be patient because theres a shitload of cavaliers, and they're all good. (except mine, dropped a rod bearing) but i suppose street racing and WAY to many RPM's were responsible for that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well the convertibles are cool, one of the problems i see is the noise factor. You get a lot of fwy noise. Some of the windows come out of alignment. (by the way, does anyone know how to fix the window alignment for a convertible??)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I looked at a 94 RS Convertable, besides the speakers in the back being different, the leg room for the backseat is all but gone. You have more room in a hardtop with the seats all the way back than you do in the convertable. Had rocker panel extensions, not ground effects, just small side skirts that ended about 3 inches from the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One thing about the convertible is that when you get a small cut the more you put the top up and down the worse it will get. Mine had a cut in it when i bought it, it was the size of a penny. Now its so big I could fit my hand in it. Also, If you get on, try and see if it has the torno cover, mine didn't have one, Makes it look alot better.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Tono Cover.

it's the think behind the back seat... it covers the top, and the bars and stuff when the roof is down..

just to clarify... incase anyone didn't know =) I'm sure you all did though :)

can't see it too wel in this picture, but trust me it's there,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.