J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my passenger side window likes to just fall out of the track after going down about 1/3 of the way. It goes down fine, then all the sudden BOOM falls out of track and falls down to the bottom of the door, in order to get it back up, i have to pull it up then put it back on the tracks. Any ideas? If i push down on the window as i am putting it down, it will work fine down and up. Its weird. Also my auto locks dont even make a clicking noise to even think of trying to unlock/lock automatically, te drivers side works but doesnt unlock it all the way, also any ideas?... I appreciate your guys feedback, this is a thing i really need to fix, just get annoying, also lately, the drivers side window is rattling, so these windows are being a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i am going to take it off soon to paint some interior as i have to repaint some of the interior after painting it then dropping it on my way to the car to put it back in, but anyways i cant really see the track when i took it off to try and fix it the first time....

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
The front track is adjustable, it has screws to fix this...It may be loose. You can also order the little sliders that go on the window that fit in the tracks, they may be work out.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
with the inner door panel off just move the window up or down using the button. then when you get it to a good working spot(one of the holes in the door) you will be able to see the slider and the track. Play around with it until you find out what's wrong. more than likely its the slider that's broken.

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
I have had this exact same problem. What I did to solve it was remove the entire door panel. Then I removed the front track so I could remove the window. After that I completely removed the window from the door. The little black plastic parts that are attached to the glass were worn and out of shape. After talking to the dealership to see if I could get the new parts (I could'nt they dont carry those parts) I took the window out of my 1991 Z24 and installed that in my car.

After that everything has been fine and I no longer have the fear that every time I roll down my window that it will fall into the door.

Hope that this helps you some. If you have any more questions, you can ask. I had to do this 3 times until I figured out that the little black parts were what was causing the problem.

Brad

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
the same thing happened to my 4 door cavalier, what happened was the black track on the side of the window (near the side view mirrors) got all bound up and bent to shit, so i bent it back into place, duct taped it to the window, and it worked perfectly after that :D

gotta love duct tape :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys i will use some ducktape, going to the track friday and lan party saturday, then sunday is my year and 11 months anniversery, almost 2 years!!! then monday i have school then no work! so i will do it monday hopefully, its getting cold here in maryland though so i have to do it quick! Thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
tnd27 said:
but it isnt even getting the power to click it.... not even a click to make it sound like it wants to try and open it
well then the first thing would be check if there's power going to the motors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.