J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1988 Z24 Coupe 5spd, 1988 Wagon w/94 Auto Drivetrain, 1992 Z24 Convertible Auto, 1994 Z24 Coupe 5spd
2,678 Posts
Here is the kit I used just a week ago to reattach my mirror on the wagon. I've used the same stuff a couple other times on different cars over the years. Works great and is only $3.99 at O'reilly.

Follow the directions to the letter! Only use a drop as it says. Make sure the button and windshield is clean. I used a safety razor blade, followed by denatured alcohol to clean mine, and then wiped it really good with a clean paper towel making sure it was 100% clean and dry, before using the cleaner/activator pad that comes in the kit. It is very important that the temperature is within the range shown in the instructions. I applied mine at 70° F. I let it sit for an hour or so before hanging the mirror on the button.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
make sure to THOROUGHLY clean the glass and the mounting bracket beforehand and use the alcohol wipe that comes with the kit - then let it dry AND DON'T TOUCH THE AREA AFTER. If there's any grease or oil around, the glue won't stick and the mirror will fall off.

Also, don't do what I did the first time and put the bracket on backwards. That glue sets quickly!!

Put the bracket inside the mirror to make sure you have it in the right direcction - then put the drop of glue on and transfer it to the glass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.