J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the 2.4 anything like the 2.3, is there as many problems as there is with the quad 4 2.3? they look alot alike? is the 2.4 also a quad 4? PLEASE GOD NO!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ummm.. i just bought a quad 4 2.3 grand am, and i got it off a old guy who never treated it bad... and guess what... the motor is gone... i guess i wont be buying a 2.4 z24......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,691 Posts
there's a few types of the 2.3's....... the 2.4's in the Cavaliers are KNOWN to have PS pump issues and #3 bearing will go on them, it's just a matter of time..... regardless of how well you treat the 2.4 the #3 bearing will go, regardless.......
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly...how many times am I gonna have to tell you people...the 2.4L twin cam engine is a serious piece of shit. :guns:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,146 Posts
samz24 said:
ummm.. i just bought a quad 4 2.3 grand am, and i got it off a old guy who never treated it bad... and guess what... the motor is gone... i guess i wont be buying a 2.4 z24......
i seem to recall some posts by you about the quad overheating congrats i warned you in them that is why the motor went :p
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
patrick said:
samz24 said:
ummm.. i just bought a quad 4 2.3 grand am, and i got it off a old guy who never treated it bad... and guess what... the motor is gone... i guess i wont be buying a 2.4 z24......
i seem to recall some posts by you about the quad overheating congrats i warned you in them that is why the motor went :p
well see the motor is not "gone" but the head is possibly cracked (gm done a test and told me that the head is cracked or the gasket is gone) thats why its runnin hot, another thing he said that if i put a brand new head on there it would fuck the motor! somethin about compression ......... i guess that 97 z24 i was gonna get is outta the picture.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,146 Posts
thats exactly what i though i knew it was just the head that went because its a common prob with the quad all they need is to get toasty not even over heat and the head goes thats why i warned you
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
after the winter the Z24s goin and the grand am is 2..... i'm buying something thats NON-QUAD! maybe a honda civic.... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,146 Posts
kool all i am sayen its not the quads prob if you read all the symptoms you posted in the overheating topic and here it will evident you could of prevented i am not tryen to start a war just sayen dont blame it on the quad
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know ur not tryin to flame me lol, but see the reason for the car over heating in the first place was because of the head being cracked, it was cracked all along, thats why is was over heating
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,146 Posts
samz24 said:
i know ur not tryin to flame me lol, but see the reason for the car over heating in the first place was because of the head being cracked, it was cracked all along, thats why is was over heating
ahhh but your forgetting about the bad coolant which you described it as looked like it had never been changed which i am sure old coolant would never clog thermostants and water jacets etc..... which wouldn't cause the motor to run warmer and then when it finally over heated and the owner noticed but didn't imediatly stop and turn the motor off but yet gunned it and kept going faster untill it cooled down that could hurt nutten could it :D
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top