J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2.4L Sunfire GT. Very fast. Yet I have no money right now to hook it up. So I went for economical ways to beef it up a little. If you need this, here it is:

Intake (custom economical)

All you have to do is take the air filter out of the box and flip it over. When doing this take out the battery and take out the screws holding the box in. Take the box out and just leave the air filter element hanging there or push it down under the battery after placing it back in. This will add about 10 horsepower AT THE LEAST. Mine added 13 horsepower.

Short Shifter

Use a sawzaw with a demolition blade or a hacksaw to do this. Use a pipe wrench or something of that sort to unscrew the shift knob off because it will be glued on. Usually a black mark from the shift knob will be there about half way down the shift stick. Cut the shift stick on that black mark and then squeeze the shift knob back on the new shortened shifter and WALA! There you have the short shifter. It dramatically improves your shifting speed.

If you have any questions about what I just wrote let me know. It's a ghetto fabulous way of doing things but it won't hurt anything and it will dramatically improve your shifting and acceleration.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.