J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which one has more power potenial? Which one can be upgraded perfomance wise and cheaper ad more readily? I am think of either getting a 2nd or 3rd gen z24. I was wondering wich engine would be the best to put in it or already be in it.

· Premium Member
13,866 Posts
2.4 seems to have more aftermarket potential, do a search for the subject

· Registered
2,148 Posts
i think they all have the same "potential" its how much money you got and whats your potentia and bidget set at and what car are you using and what motor is in their and what is the price of motors etc.............

· Registered
1,834 Posts
The larger the engine, the more power potential there is. Need and example? OK
2.3L quad4: 180 - 190 hp, and 160 - 170 lb ft torque

3400 V 6: 180 to 185 hp, and 205 to 210 lb ft torque :wink: And remember the quad 4 is at a lot higher state of tune than the 3400, but look at the torque difference. If the 3400 was in the same state of tune as the 2.3, it would make a lot more power.

· Registered
386 Posts
I would figure that the eco will have the most aftermarket parts down the road, maybe not right now. I will be getting a 93 Z in a year or so, and I plan on doing a swap to a eco for the sheer potential of the engine. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound as nice.

· Registered
4,690 Posts
anybody who thinks that the 2.4 has more and cheaper aftermarket support should really start looking around a tiny bit more....... you'll see it's CHEAPER to buy parts/upgrade parts for a 3.1/2.8 than it is for any other of engines that came in a J-Body......

G

·
Go w/ the eco. You can get a '03 pretty cheap if you want just a stick, no sunroof, no power windows and locks. Pretty much get the base one. They were selling for a little over $10K w/ a rebate where I bought mine. Not bad for a brand new car. You can always add the sunroof and spoiler, rims, later on down the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.