J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just saved this 1988 Beretta GTU 5speed with the 2.8 v6.....I have worked on these for along time, but dam I am stumped, I can start the motor, it fires right up , but then dies out instantly. after hooking up a jump pack and about 10-15minutes of trying to get it to start, it stays running(somewhat) acts like puke and if you touch the throttle any little bit, it kills the motor. so I got it started again and let it idle, once it started to warm up it sounded way better. I drive it, if you get too heavy on the gas it kills the motor out instantly, almost the say way as if you hit speed limiter but i am only doing 35mph. after a few seconds pop the clutch and started running again. I have replaced : Mass airflow sensor, map sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, FPR, TPS. Any help would be awesome, anyone ever have this problem?

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
I'd put a vacuum gauge on it and see if you have a leak.

It does sound like a fuel issue though, have you checked the ground to the fuel pump? Not sure where it is in the Berettas but on the Jbodies it's under the drivers seat and gets pretty corroded.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
clogged cat hum.............i shall rip it off.
and witch port do you use to check vacuum?
as stated in my post the map sensor has been replaced.
thanx everyone. i welcome any other ideas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts