J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all would i have to do to take the whole turbo kit off the 3.1 turbo kit off a grand prix turbo and put it on my 2.8 i mean all the same right and one other what all is there to it like for example you got the turbo the ehaust mainfolds and the innercooler and what els

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
its the same engine as the 3.1 its just the stroke is differant so i would imagine all the mods you would have to do on the 3.1 you would also have to do on the 2.8

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why don't you just put the whole engine in? There are all the little parts that nobody ever thinks of.
the turbine, computer, wiring harness, manifolds, crossover pipe, i think thats it, probably missing something though
You need to lower the compression on your 2.8 and put bigger fuel injectors on to compensate for the boost. If you have the 3.1 you may as well do a full swap if at all possible seeing as the fule system and the compression ratio would already be set.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
banchee_z said:
Why don't you just put the whole engine in? There are all the little parts that nobody ever thinks of.
the turbine, computer, wiring harness, manifolds, crossover pipe, i think thats it, probably missing something though
You need to lower the compression on your 2.8 and put bigger fuel injectors on to compensate for the boost. If you have the 3.1 you may as well do a full swap if at all possible seeing as the fule system and the compression ratio would already be set.
you dont need to lower the compression in the 2.8

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
Thank you Patrick for pointing that out, at 8.9:1 static compression of a 2.8 it is a prime candidate for forced induction. ;)

Besides lowering compression should only be done in vehicles that are going to run extreme boost levels and are used only in the upper RPM range, like all out drag vehicles.

I'll be trying some different ways of thinking with my big build. :pimp:

Anyway, yes fuel delivery and even type does need to be addressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.