J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run 3 amps on my audio setup, My most demanding amp is a Soundstream 10.0 1000x2 watts RMS it requires 2-4 gauge power wire and a seperate battery just to run the thing. My question is how do I wire up another Battery to the current system in the car. Would it be like Hydraulisc? Positive to Negative and Negative to Positive? I was told this is how to do it but im not sure.
And my alternator is built from Summit 200 Amp.all RPM's. Thanks

isaacs93cavi

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
You need to wire them to gether in parallel. Positive to positive, negative to negative.
Do NOT wire them in series (the way you stated, positive to negative), as it would double the output voltage and fry everything. Wiring them in parallel keeps the voltage the same, but doubles the amperage, which is what you want.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
4uhataz, mind telling me why yer stirring up year old threads?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
manster said:
to get more posts
sorry cousin, I've already got a lot of them, don't need to try and make more for the hell of it. I am just bored as hell and just went looking into old ass threads that were around when I first found this site. Plus I wanted to see how many people would respond to them when they are that old. Jake so far has been the first :lol: The cow gets the blame for this one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts