J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a complete 2 pump 10 switch prohopper hydraulic setup from my 92 civic hatchback, im kinda wondering if anyone knows of someone with hydros in their 2gen cavi or ever seen it before, im looking to be pointed in some direction for ideas. thanks

· Registered
27 Posts
I helped a friend do his, I dont remember what year it was, but we had to build new front struts to hold the cylinders. We used a coilover setup with the smaller yellow springs, 2 ton?, they are made for imports though. The rear we used hymes joints on the rear axle and installed them like a normal rwd car, popping up in the trunk, same deal tho, we did a coilover setup. The ass end came out bad ass as it will lift really high, same with berettas too. they both use a canterlever type suspension. Its kind of like a see saw, you can use 10" cylinders and get about 18" of lift in the rear. I think there may still be pics of his car on the lowerthanyou.net webpage. It was a black cavalier, I think it was a 93.

· Registered
2,364 Posts
geedsman said:
see it but bags are better sellt he hydros and get bags my opinion
Bags do the same thing for alot cheaper. BTW anyone know that if you drive a car with bags every day that it would cause a good amount of wear and tear and costly repairs all the time?

· Registered
5,745 Posts
bezal said:
geedsman said:
see it but bags are better sellt he hydros and get bags my opinion
Bags do the same thing for alot cheaper. BTW anyone know that if you drive a car with bags every day that it would cause a good amount of wear and tear and costly repairs all the time?
actually bags cost more but wear and tear is a lot better cause hydros can tear the car apart

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason i wanted the hydros is this: I have the entire setup in my hatchback, i have an entire setup of coilovers for the hatch, and i want the coilover instead. The Bags have more thing that could go wrong in the winter here, i dont plan on hopping it or playing with it all winter but i need something reliable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.