J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i was bowling with a bunch well everyone from my job and i was suppose to race one of the new guys that just started. At 11 he said he was leaving so we wanted to line them up. Me vs. Him (1993 Grand Am Quad4 H/O 5 speed) so pulling out of the lot we are waitin for the light to turn red, then i see a civic 4 door with alteezas on it im like i want him for fun lol. I got next to him and i was in 2nd and i just kept givin it alittle gas to raise the front lol. Then my friend from my job got up next to me finally. We couldnt get a light :( so i told him from a 30 roll and for him to beep his horn 3 times. Im in 2nd gear so he beeps, i thought it was gonna be a better race but once i floored it i was gone. That was ashame i thought it would have been better,(driver error?) i layed off going into 4th and he was a few cars back.

Back to the civic lol we were side by side i was in 3rd at about 40 we paced then he nailed it and so did i the sad part comes he walked off like i let off the gas :( i couldnt believe it, so then we got stopped at a light and he was like "its not worth gettin a ticket for" i asked wut he had he said a built up type R motor, so we both took off slow then i nailed it into 2nd and spun em thinkin maybe he'll play then. Nothing happened and my pride is lost right now :( a CIVIC BEAT ME , sorry i couldnt put up a better fight with him come summer im gonna see about racing him again see wut he says then :-D i got plans.

· Premium Member
11,761 Posts
It never surprises me...that why I laugh everytime someone on this board makes fun of a Civic...they can be made faster fairly easy and not look different on the outside at all. Hugh aftermarket for them...Decent little cars, I just don't care for the noise they make with exhaust...

· Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well his exhaust wasnt bad until under full throttle sounded like a bee lol but i give him props for that. then the guy in the passenger seat looked at me and was like remember that Turbo probe by the rec(a park infront of my house) i was like yea he said it was his.

· Registered
1,834 Posts
I'm sure that when your engine is done you won't have any problems with the civic :wink: Those damn honda's can be fast! Its funny, the Civic's and crx's with body kits and stuff are rarely fast, its the ones that look stock that are usually fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.