J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 91 cavalier rs conv. I want to put a Z24 hood and ground efects on my car. I was at the junkyard this weekend, and found a 90 Z24 with a perfect hood. I know I can get it cheap!! The guy at the yard looked in an interchange book and said that an 88-90 hood wouldn't fit my car, only a 91-94 hood will. I was wondering if this is true.
Thanx,
Rob
P.S. kickass site!

·
Registered
221 Posts
The bodystyle changed in '91. '90s had the same interior and engine and such as a '91, but had the body of an '89.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I did some research on it, and every book I could find says an 88-90 hood won't fit a 91-94, even though the hoods measure up the same,(length and width), and the fenders are excatly the same. I took the Z24 hood off and hid it in the junkyard, because I'm going to a big swap meet next week, and they might have a 91-94 hood there. If I buy the 90 Z24 hood, I'll let you guys know if it fits. Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found out a little info about the hood. I got a kickass deal on a '89 z24 coupe at an police auction, I gave $50 for it and drove it home!! It doesn't have a title though so I stripped it. The hood will fit from an 88-90 to a 91-94. Like you guys said, the hood latch is it different, but if you take the latch that is on the early style hood, and swap it with the new style hood latch it'll work, you just gotta drill 4 holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.