J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight, theres a possible chance i might be able to steal the 3.1 Engine out of my sisters beretta gtz... I think 93-94, not exactly sure, ANyways, I was wondering what diff in hp is there and torque between the 3.1 in the 93-94 cavalier z24s to the 93-94 beretta gtz's.... i know the 3.1 my dad used to have in his lumina eurosport had like 180, so what do you think the beretta has stock? Im thinking of taking the engine rebuilding it for performance and finding a turbo for it.

· Registered
6,135 Posts
Your dad's eurosport (which was just a trim package) had a 3.1, which was no different from the one you'd find in your Z24.
Now, 1994 would be the first year of the 3100, so you're looking at 155Hp or so, with the same hassles of a 3400 swap.

A stock 3.1 we all know produces about 140Hp.

· Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aight thanks, Thats the last time i listen to my dad when he said it had 180, Lol, he doesn't have the car nomore because of a accident in the snow.., It was very scary... WE went down like a 15ft banking and hit a tree....

· Registered
1,834 Posts
z24buzz7 said:
aight thanks, Thats the last time i listen to my dad when he said it had 180, Lol, he doesn't have the car nomore because of a accident in the snow.., It was very scary... WE went down like a 15ft banking and hit a tree....
He may have confused hp with torque. It has 180 lb-ft of torque, 140 hp.

· Registered
1,515 Posts
nope slick no gtz came off gm floors with a 3.1 they were 2.3 HO quad 4s with 180hp

"180 horsepower Quad 4 16-valve engine in the GTZ. I honestly can say the only other four cylinder I've ever driven that came even close to the Quad 4 was connected to a $45,000 Porsche. And the difference in performance does not warrant the extra $29,000 expenditure - sorry Porsche fans.

If it didn't sound like a four cylinder, you'd swear it was a V-8. The double overhead cam 2.3-liter engine pulled strongly through its 7,200 rpm redline. The higher you rev it, the louder and meaner it gets, Unlike some four-cylinders, the Quad 4 never loses its composure in the upper rev ranges. GM has made a terrific engine here."

<LINK_TEXT text="http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national/?s ... rvid=29647">http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national/?szc=07307&srv=review&act=search&tf=/reviews_results.tmpl&mkid=9&mdid=75&yr=1990&rvid=29647</LINK_TEXT>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.