J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive put my hands on a 3100 from a Malibu 2000 for 100$cdn. The engine is complete execpt no starter, no alternator, no ecm and need to be over-bore(piston where touching cylinder side)

Should I rebuilt this block and swap it in my z or rebuilt my old 2.8 I have in my garage and do the 3x00 top end swap?

I also have a manual trans in my garage(well a complete part car) will it fit on the malibu block ?

thanks
Seb

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
dooode thats very annoying, he wasnt asking how to do it, he was asking for opinions. the effort it took u to tell him to search could have been used to just direct him toward his answer. think for a minute now, if EVERYONE searched, and EVERYONE found their own answer this board would have NO posts. almost every question has been asked before, but you guys only choose to pull that search first crap when you want. part of a site like this is helping out the people who dont know things. pretty discouraging if you ask me. and to answer your question man i would probably do the top end swap. you may be even better off selling the 3100 and trying to pick up a 3400 and you would get even better results. im not completely sure about the tranny, but im pretty sure that it would bolt up.

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
Seb666: Sorry for my response, I just read the topic wrong.

I would rebuild the 3100 and drop that in. It is newer than the 2.8 and is probably in better condition.

Stu71584: thanks for bringing my mistake to my attention. I just get really tired of seeing the same thing posted 5 or 10 times in the same month. I have been on the site for over 2 years now and have seen most every question asked. I saw the topic and thought it was another topic about the swap, again.... my bad. :oops:

Brad

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
i say do whatever fits your budget.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your answer

the 3100 cost me 100$ and it come with a 3400 plenum and tb(56mm) and i dont think i can find a 3400 for under 500$cdn.

About droping it in my car would I need to have new motor mount or its dirrect swap and im only gonna tuning problem(dont have the 3100 ecm)

Thanks again
Seb

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
nsr said:
Seb, call me and I'll tell you everything about the swap, you're from st-eustache right? ;)

Vincent
491-0289
Maybe you should worry about getting your own car running first before you attempt to help someone else lol :p

-John

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'd say do a rebuild on the 3100 while it's out and then drop it in the car. I think you could swap over 3400 heads later if you wanted to, but correct me if I'm wrong.
and Brad get off your fvking high horse. you been on here for two years? i think it's time for you to move on there's always gonna be someone new to ask the same questions and if you don't want to answer them then fuck off, who the fvck are you to tell someone what they should or shouldn't do? you know what muthafvker i read another post from you saying do a search first i'm gonna go and kick your fvking punk ass. i'm tired of your bullshit and any of your lovers wanna step up bring it punk ass lil bytches!! I'll fvck you up and your puzzy ass car puzzy. And if you wanna come down here and show me up you know where i can be found in the 210 bytch.
Sorry everyone but bradly is getting on my last nerve...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
c24 said:
i don't see how that is possible jake when all he keeps saying is use the search. he hasn't helped me with my car so therefore i can say whatever i want until then you should back off.
hey you know what you should use the search and if your to stupid to find ne thing with it well then ask for tips but other then that the info is all here for you so use it and it will help you

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
c24 said:
I'd say do a rebuild on the 3100 while it's out and then drop it in the car. I think you could swap over 3400 heads later if you wanted to, but correct me if I'm wrong.
ok, I will correct you. 2000+ heads are the same for 3100 and 3400.
and seb, as for tuning, you can run your stock harness with stock ecm you cna just chip it, and do a little rewiring for the harness

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
c24 said:
i don't see how that is possible jake when all he keeps saying is use the search. he hasn't helped me with my car so therefore i can say whatever i want until then you should back off.
well tell ya what... Since your so convinced that Brad is useless do me a favor...Click on his registry and up in the corner your going to see a "find all post made by" button..... Click that and read up on exactly how useless brad really is around here.

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
:lol: I think that is the first time I have ever seen Jake tell some one to "fuck off". :lol:

And c24, back the truck up, there is no need to flip out on someone just because said person suggested using the great feature of a search button.
In fact it's ever worse that you did, since it has nothing to do with the topic and just shows what mind set you are in, that people should cater to you and not that you should go looking for the correct info first, and then if you don't find what you are looking for, yes, I know it happens, then ask a specific question about it.

People lately. :roll:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.