J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
arkaine said:
Go with the 3.4. It'll be hard to find a 3.8L FWD.
Not that they'er hard to find, just hard to install without a lot of modification and fabrication. The 3400sfi is almost a direct fit since there are mount kits available now.

·
Registered
729 Posts
for the 3.8sc, what modifications are needed exactly, Like Im trying to learn all i can about the 3.8sc swap and anyhelp would deffinatley be appreciated as far as what major modifications there are...

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
z24buzz7 said:
for the 3.8sc, what modifications are needed exactly, Like Im trying to learn all i can about the 3.8sc swap and anyhelp would deffinatley be appreciated as far as what major modifications there are...
This is what Rick (blownZ) had to say:

"It is not a bitch to get it too fit!!! Remember it is a 90 degree engine it will sit lower than the 3.1L ,It will be a little wider though. I just swapped out my rack for a Manual rack .. Steering is amazing. 3.3 Calais mounts will work , The 5 Speed Muncie 282 will bolt right up to the block. The passenger side half shaft will have to be custom made . You grab a Fiero Shaft and have it cut two inches shorter. The drivers sadie shaft stays stock. Wiring Harness will be a apin in the ass (works out to be about 35 hours) . Get a RaceTech aluminum Flywheel and a really good clutch . Move your rad forward 3-4 inches and you can even keep your stock Fan . A custom Front pipe is needed . If anybody knows how here is the link ot pics of my car and engine in the car , Maybe you can post my pics up here for me , Thank you in Advance
http://www.j-body.org/members/blowncav/cars/1/

Any more questions .. Please feel free.
I would ask one thing though , If you have not attempted the swap or have no interest in doing one .. Please do not try and discourage people who are thinking of trying it. If you haven't done it .. You really have no idea of what is needed , I hear speculation everyday on the boards about "cutting your hood , Moving the firewall back , It wont fit" It does fit and it is well worth the time and effort . How many FWD Cavs do you now of that push over 300 HP to the wheels and 469 lbs ft / Torque. I would love to see more 3800 S/C Z24's out there it would put the biggest smile on your face."

Rick

<COLOR color="blue">Note: These are rick's words, not mine.</COLOR>

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
z24buzz7 said:
HEy nemesis25, Tell blownz, i said thanks, I tried to e-mail him, but didn't work, never got a reply, but that was alot of info that i needed and really helped.
No prob man, good luck with the project :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.