J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caved and bought another Berretta. 3 weeks to the day it finally has started and without any problems :p It was a 90GT auto with a 3.1 but now has a rebuilt 3400 and is 5spd swapped with all poly mounts 8) Not to mention I also installed my Sprint springs and KYB's, while in the progress, did the 92 brake upgrade with new brakes all around. Ball joints and sway bar links where all bought new also. Not much was untouched but now its time to have a beer or 2 and smile :pimp:

I'd like to thank my work for ordering all the parts I needed so quickly also, a big thanks go out to the boys there. Thank goes out to Rick from this site for stopping by and bleeding the tranny.Although he broke my bleeder screw on my slave, thanks for spares!

Here are some pics of where I have been hiding out. Its now a mess and I'll post up more pics when I pull it out of the garage. Tommorrow or the next its going for its 2.5 exhaust with a high flow cat and flowmaster muffler :wink:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
Did you use my mount on this one?

Even though the pic is blurry looks like a complimenting colour scheme.

3 weeks is pretty decent turn around time for what you did.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes :lol: I used your mount Chris and I would have to say much better product then JBP :wink: Thanks!

And yeah working 6 days of the week and not getting home till 6:30 everyday made it alittle harder :(

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rick said:
hey now i did the firewall to for the clutch paddle :pimp: and i gave you boost :lol:.it sounds great runs really good even without the down pipe
Yes, sorry you did drill the firewall for the clutch pedal :wink: Thanks again! Sounded real good but I don't think some of the neighbors though so :lol: Even though half the neighborhood was over once it started :lol:

Whole build went rather smooth, very pleased :p

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Awesome project! Good quick work too.

I'm lookin forward to seeing it. (all I've seen of your cars so far is the colt)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Little_Dragon said:
Awesome project! Good quick work too.

I'm lookin forward to seeing it. (all I've seen of your cars so far is the colt)
Thanks! Hey Carey, the colt was a 93 Summit :lol: that I no longer have :roll: So when is that car of yours getting this treatment ?

Btw, we will have to meet up again soon sometime :wink:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
z26guy said:
I do but look where I work :wink: Auto wrecker :lol: I seen your post in the B/S/T forum that car looked mint, your dad must be upset :-?
oh he is very bummed. that was the first brand new car he ever bought. he washed and waxed it every weekend. he actually washed it and cleaned the interior today :-? i wish i could do more to help him out. the last car he took that much pride in was his '72 toronado with a 455. he loved that car too. i guess thats where i got it from. i actually posted a pic of myself when i tried helping him change the oil on it when i was 2 :lol: you may have seen that one. one of the things he wanted to sell was the front grill. i guess its a rarity on those??

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
That's a whole lot of work for 3 weeks. Good Job! It took me 6 months to do all that to my Z. I had to wait on money for parts though.

I'm going to be doing a swap very similar in my Fiero. Hopefully it doesnt take more then 2 weeks though. :-?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
z26guy said:
Well I started the car today :roll: first time since it was brought to work. Anyway gave it a quick rinse and took some pics. Only one is worth posting so here
Those aren't the wheels off the BlownZ are they?

Nice swap looks good...

Duro

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
duro5341 said:
z26guy said:
Well I started the car today :roll: first time since it was brought to work. Anyway gave it a quick rinse and took some pics. Only one is worth posting so here
Those aren't the wheels off the BlownZ are they?

Nice swap looks good...

Duro
Thanks Cam! No they are not the wheels off the BlownZ :lol: These are black :wink: Had these rims kicking around and was curious what they would look like black :-? Got bored :lol: Need another project already......mmmm..3500 in a 3rd gen Z maybe next :-?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.