1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
pics of engine?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
is it just me or did he turn the intake plenum around? If so how did he acomplish that? Really would like to kno plannin a RWD 3500 TT and was tryin to figgure out how to get the air into the eng with TB faceing the firewall! :lol:

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
hpjunkie said:
is it just me or did he turn the intake plenum around? If so how did he acomplish that? Really would like to kno plannin a RWD 3500 TT and was tryin to figgure out how to get the air into the eng with TB faceing the firewall! :lol:
im pretty sure you can just turn it and it bolts up fine.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Cool, I knew Colin's new car would be RWD.

:lol:

Go Colin!!!

Ask him what kinda transmission he's usin'.

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
Not bad. I don't know about that non-symetrical turbo placement though, seems like he used a stock manifold on one side and maybe made something for the other?

Yeah the intake can be rotated 180*, either just the upper or both upper and lower can be turned.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mars_man said:
Cool, I knew Colin's new car would be RWD.

:lol:

Go Colin!!!

Ask him what kinda transmission he's usin'.
not colin lol, colin's definately not a douche.Plus would his motor bay look that bad? LOL.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Six_Shooter said:
Not bad. I don't know about that non-symetrical turbo placement though, seems like he used a stock manifold on one side and maybe made something for the other?

Yeah the intake can be rotated 180*, either just the upper or both upper and lower can be turned.
I would have went a defferent route with the placement. I'd have them sitting up high and visible with polished comp. housings. Bling-bling mofo.

Notice the rwd timing cover and lack of powersteering. I don't think you can rotate the intakes, use the 3x00 timing cover, and have ps. Unless you remount the ps pump eslewhere.

-Joseph

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
fallenz24 said:
Six_Shooter said:

I would have went a defferent route with the placement. I'd have them sitting up high and visible with polished comp. housings. Bling-bling mofo.

Notice the rwd timing cover and lack of powersteering. I don't think you can rotate the intakes, use the 3x00 timing cover, and have ps. Unless you remount the ps pump eslewhere.

-Joseph
Yeah with a FWD tining cover the intake manifold can not be rotated, but that wasn't part of the question. ;)

You have to use a (modified) RWD timing cover to do so.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Six_Shooter said:
fallenz24 said:
Six_Shooter said:

-Joseph
Yeah with a FWD tining cover the intake manifold can not be rotated, but that wasn't part of the question. ;)

You have to use a (modified) RWD timing cover to do so.
I know you have to use the rwd stuff. I just wanted to clarify the facts a little bit. I plan on using the rwd cover for my little project. :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.