J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know questions about swapping motors get asked all the time, but I was wanting to know if a 3100 SFI or 3400 SFI motor will bolt to the 3-speed auto-trannies of the 94 Z? If the tranny doesn't bolt on directly, how hard is a 4-speed auto to put in there as well (or a stick for that matter.)

I'm just curious. I don't really have $ to spend on this but someone asked me and I wasn't sure. :-?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Yup, it will bolt right up but you can also do the 4 speed swap, using the 4t65e you should be getting about 40+ mpg with either engine, or you could use the hm-282 5 speed and get about 30 mpg. Depending on your performance requirements or auto or manual preference those are your options, also depending on your budget.

·
Registered
307 Posts
turbobird said:
Hrmmm.. 4T60E, eh?

THat would have to come from an early N-body, or a late L-body to work, no?
Makes you wonder if that type of swap would be worth it? :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I figure when my engine or tranny goes out and I can afford it (heh, yeah right) I'll probably consider putting in a stick with another 3.1 or a 3x00 motor. I also saw somewhere a post with many answers to common questions about the 3x00 motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.