J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after having the 3400 for almost 2 years and finally becoming ambitous enough to complete the swap here it is the first completed pics of the 3400 install. Enjoy :D

And since Iknow I will get questions on how I made everything work well I have to thank Curtis (turboz24) and Six_shooter (IIRC) for pointing me in the direction of the quad 4 control box. However after a small error on my part I had to modify things a little bit but it works so I aint bitchin. I took pics of each end of the cable one at the TB and one at the box to help others out there who thought they couldnt do this swap because they were sporting automatics. Here ya go everybody:

·
Premium Member
17,295 Posts
Wow, looks like a clean install. How does it run?? If you come to the bash this summer I think you will run better than an 18 sec quarter mile.

Good job Chris!

Brad

·
Banned
77 Posts
im not good with motors or cars at all. every post i see about 3400 swap it seems like they did it themselves. could i take my car and a 3400 to a shop and have them do it? what else would i need to provide?

·
Super Moderator
20,058 Posts
ztwentyfloored said:
im not good with motors or cars at all. every post i see about 3400 swap it seems like they did it themselves. could i take my car and a 3400 to a shop and have them do it? what else would i need to provide?
Yes, you could, just make sure that shop knows how to do perform swaps/upgrades, I have heard a lot ofhorro stories from people that have "ASE certified mechanics" try and do something along these lines. The training these mechanics recive is for replace, not upgrading or modifying on this level.

You need to find a guy (mechanic) that is into tis type of stuff. ;)

Oh and that was probably Colin (v6h.o.) that pointed you in the direction of the Quad4 cruise module.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
oH MY GOD DUDE! Man, that is really sweet, i love that man, id sell my car in a heartbeat to have yours. Colors match good, exterior, interior, and engine!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Looks really good man!!!! What are you planning for upgrades for that beast? At least get a new intake, the stock one looks really restrictive the way it is bent before it gets to the air box. Great job on the swap.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Too bad your cav is a 3 speed, i just noticed that. By the way, how much did it cost to do all your interior work?

·
Premium Member
24,401 Posts
slowbird said:
Nice man! Score one for the Autos!

Is it just a stock 3400 Auto? No other performance mods.
Nope just stock But that's also a New 3400. A guy I worked with needed to get rid of it. It had less than 2000 miles on it. I couldn't take it at the time so I passed the info to Chris here. and he ran with it. Nice to see it's finally in and lookin good.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well thanx everybody for all the positive comments. The air box will definitely be upgraded to a cold air setup in the near future but temporaily this setup will keep the water and stuff out for now. I changed my exhaust setup a little and I definitely like the tone I have a custom mandrel bent downpipe made from scratch to my stock cat (temporarily) and then to a 14" glasspack and my DTM tip.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
nice i wish mine was done :( so.... care to talk bout the auto setup? my gf wants her sunbird faster and said she is will to put a 3400 in it just not a 5 speed :(. J/W how much did you pay for the downpipe?

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I bet with slicks and good r/t's ...that car would be LETHAL in braket racing... should be super consistent.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.