J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my buddy has a 95 grand am with the 3400 would this engine be alrite to swap into my 88 z24 ? also wat year of the chevy venture with the 3400 be able to swap in

thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
All 3400s are essentially the same as far as installation goes, there are some minor changes internally over the years.

Chrck out www.domesticcrew.com and use the search feature of this site, there are loads of useful posts here and on the above mentioned site regarding this swap.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
snag said:
hey guys my buddy has a 95 grand am with the 3400 would this engine be alrite to swap into my 88 z24 ? also wat year of the chevy venture with the 3400 be able to swap in

thanks
<COLOR color="olive">The 95 GA did not come with a 3400 option. That engine became available in the 99. Just a thought on what you are looking at........</COLOR>

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
majorz24 said:
snag said:

thanks
<COLOR color="olive">The 95 GA did not come with a 3400 option. That engine became available in the 99. Just a thought on what you are looking at........</COLOR>

I just thought the say thing, only way is if his buddy had swapped it in because they never came factory.

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
That would be a DOHC, and while it might sorta kinda fit in the bay, no one to date has been able to make one work in a J-body, nor is it worth the time or expense to do so, when the pushrod 660 is capable of making just as much power in a smaller overall package.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
<COLOR color="olive">If you are doing the 3400 Swap (not the 3.4 DOHC) just search and you will find all the info you could possibly ask for. The only truly custom item is the front engine mount. I think Six_Shooter is making those.....

This post will probably get locked since it is discussed so much in other threads.... :wink:
</COLOR>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.