J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i think that the 2nd gen Z24 looks amazing its a fantastic car and all but i was thinking about gettin a 3rd gen cavy and doing a 3400 swap because i personally don't see as many (maybe im not lookin hard enough lol) is it much harder to do i mean i know they're both a good amount of work and all, is the 3rd gen a lighter body by chance? just curious, and since the suspension isn't setup for a v6 do you have to upgrade the front to handle the v6 and possibly even power? are they not as popular because of the price of a 3rd gen compared a 2nd gen? if these are stupid questions sorry, just an idea i was tossing around
thanks
-marty :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
3rd gens are heavier..
Actually, the second gen has about 72 pounds on the third gen cavy.

Either way, I think a 3400 in a bubble would be kind of cool just for the sleeper factor. Rebuild it and turbo it, and it would be hilarious. Although I'm not sure I would do all that work for a third gen.

A third gen sunfire as referenced above...maybe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks dave, he seemed to run into a lot of problems but i guess thats with any swap but i think id rather have a 2nd gen (i like the body better) its still a sleeper for sure and i like to turbo my Z project that me and my friend are starting soon 3400 turbo'd can't wait!!! its a long ways from now but it'll be damn worth it thanks for the info everyone ill let u know wen i get the 3400 Z in the works :D
- marty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.