J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somewhere between my car sitting last nite to this morning 3rd gear dissapeared and now my car cruises around at 2500rpm going 30mph :guns:

Anybody got ideas?

I'm gonna look at a few things like cables, and possibly pull off the valvebody today hopefully....IF not... im probly gonna go thru a tank of gas tomorrow on my way to work since its mostly highway in which it usually cruises at 3000rpm doing 70mph.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just got back inside from tinkering... checked the fluid.... couldn't see much on that dumb dipstick... so top it up a bit with .5L and that seemed to do it. so no worries i guess. i wonder where the fluid went though...no leaks anywhere... coolant is still bright green... i guess im just gonna have to keep an eye on it.

thx.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
americanz24 said:
ha...i had the same problem yesterday-added the same amount of fluid....cept mine is leaking from the filler tube grommet :roll:
i remember taking off the sidecover recently and just putting the oil i had recovered back in, musta been short a bit but somehow never got affected until now. oh well.... It's nice to have 3 gears again :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.