J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
were the getrag/muncie or nvg t 550 5 spds offered in anything other than the v6 j's? i can't find anything that'll set the record straight

thanx

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
Yes, L-bodies.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx six, i have the hardest time ever finding anything online... i've spent hours and hours looking through pages, but i can't ever seem to find my answers

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
sleeper said:
thanx six, i have the hardest time ever finding anything online... i've spent hours and hours looking through pages, but i can't ever seem to find my answers
Sometimes the answers are not always online. ;)

I know I sometimes have the same problem.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Six_Shooter said:
sleeper said:
Sometimes the answers are not always online. ;)

I know I sometimes have the same problem.
but, but, but, the whole world is online lol.

i seriously can't find sh*t. so i just ask questions. i try to search previous posts... but idk what amps and head units have to do with a muncie 5 spd? lol

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do you tell a muncie and a nvg apart? are there any tell tale signs between the 2 visually?

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
sleeper said:
how do you tell a muncie and a nvg apart? are there any tell tale signs between the 2 visually?
There are, I just don't recall what they are for sure. I believe you can tell by the slave cylinder, or rather that the NVG (I believe it was all and only the NVG) that used the hydraulic throw out bearing.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
quad 4 berettas are also the hm282 i believe with a different bell housing.

the way to tell the muncie and nvg apart is the slave cylinder. its external on the muncie and internal on the nvg.

·
Premium Member
4,261 Posts
sleeper said:
Brad actually posted a sticky in repair that lists the external physical differences between the two. I think the bolt pattern/count on the driver's side of the case is slightly different between them..

Brad's post is here: <LINK_TEXT text="http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/viewtop ... tml#570504">http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/viewtopic,p,570504.html#570504</LINK_TEXT>

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
say i found a 5 spd out of a 1993 2.0L 4 cyl with about 115000 on it.....i wanna do the 5 spd swap....the guy wants $175 for it......deal or no deal?
imo, no deal. Complete 4 cyl J's can be found for less than $200 for parts only. Maybe $125 if, and only if, I was allowed to 1) drive the car and check trans condition first, and 2) get all the additional parts needed for the 5 speed swap (correct RH axle for Isuzu trans, shifter, clutch pedal, clutch & etc will add up to a substantial amount more $$)..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.