J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I could get one of these? Biggest one I've found now is a 56mm. I need the 62mm!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey, RSM racing has a 59 mm throttle body if that will help at all. I'm still looking for the 62 mm, and will keep you posted on my results.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Just a larger TB isn't going to really gain you much. Actually it can hinder performance. You need to get the plenum where the TB bolts up enlarged to match, otherwise you have just negated what you did, and have created more turbulence because of the lip caused my the mismatching size.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
moonwell, major work will be going in the 2.8l next year!
Higher compression pistons, performance cam, roller rockers, forged rods, higher flow injectors, extrude honed intake plenum and heads. Everything bassically to get it up to 200hp at the wheels. Even if I have to modify the plenum a bit, won't be much of a bother.
And will all that, I'll have to spend money to get a limited slid differential for the darn thing....

·
Registered
246 Posts
It doesnt take much to pert the upper intake plenom to 62mm. I think franz does it for like 40. He's making me a cai cheak out the forums if you want to see pics.And i think they dynoed the 62mm tb to put out something like 7 hp on a stock motor. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know this is old, but you should always check for vacuum before running out and buying a bigger TB. Otherwise, you might not even need a bigger one. Its like putting a 3" exhaust piping on a non turbo V6, unless you pushing like 400 hp, you dont need it that big.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.