J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it hasn't been very lively here, i'll update this from time to time.

Bought an '86 GN with 89K miles. *EDIT* **A recent carfax found that this car has 189K miles**

Had some issues that needed to be addressed before I wanted to drive it.

Boss 20" wheels, ugh. Replaced those with stock WE2 wheels.
Wiring hack jobs all over the place, fixed and soldered properly.
Ghetto blaster in the trunk, removed and sold
TA49 turbo was toast, replaced with Precision 6262 CEA
Installed EBL SFI-6, 1 and 3 bar MAPs
traded Wilwood 12" front brakes for 11"
$$$$

Still have yet to drive the car :eek: But I plan to take it off the jackstands tomorrow and pull it out of the garage. :lol:

I need to consolidate all the pics and add some here.

<LINK_TEXT text="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZDCam9 ... e=youtu.be">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZDCam9D-yc&feature=youtu.be</LINK_TEXT>

Attachments

· Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trans is about toast 2nd gear slipping badly. A friend has a 200 4R trans with 5K on it from a hot-air car, that he is giving to me for a great deal. Id like to find a decent shift kit so it will hold up for a little while. Something around 50 bucks would be do able, anymore and Im cutting into the new baby funds LOL.

Any recommendations?

· Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been working on little issues here and there, false knock being one of them. Still a lot of tuning left, and the 42#ers are over 80% DC at 12 psi. Have 60's that will go in eventually. Damn thing seems slow to me though.

I may drive the car once a week for a short 5 mile trip, and maybe have a couple hours to work on it every couple of weeks.

Attachments

· Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pulled the frame off to reinforce the flimsy G body frame, and to address some suspension flaws...

LZ9 has been mocked to the BRF 2004R, and to the frame. Fits well, no chopping to fit the engine.....yet.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.