J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new here. I have an '89 Z24 coupe with a bad passanger quarter panel. Been looking on the GM outlets and stuff and they don't have the panel for the '89. They do have it for the '90 but it says it doesn't fit the '89. Can anybody verify that and explain why they claim that? The '89 and '90 should be the same car except for engine stroke and seatbelt layout, from my understanding. Is there some sort of structural change they made to the '90 that makes the panels incompatible? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1988 Z24 Coupe 5spd, 1988 Wagon w/94 Auto Drivetrain, 1992 Z24 Convertible Auto, 1994 Z24 Coupe 5spd
2,678 Posts
Hello and welcome to v6z24.
I thought it might be the hole for the button that is part of the seat belts. But that really doesn't add up. My 94 has the hole too, with a plastic plug covering it. The 94 appears to be exactly like the 88. I don't understand why, if they did change the panels, they would leave the hole there. I'm unable to compare them side by side right now. Just guessing, I'd say a good shop could make it work.
Hopefully someone that knows exactly what is different will post that information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts