J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got a pair of 9004 xenon headlights off of ebay for real cheap, and they worked great until I rear ended some guy, just needed a headlight housing to fix it, but 2 days later my drivers headlight burnt out, and I dont feel like waiting another 2 weeks to get more. A store out here has 9007 headlights the xenon ones(i'll just say the bright ones not to sure if xenon is the brand) and the plug looks the exact same, does anyone know if these will work with the Z24? (oh and sorry if this has already been posted or is in the wrong forum, I didn't happen to see it so I placed it here)

·
Registered
5,490 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, no pics needed, yeah the 9007 bulbs i picked up where brighter 100w/80watts than the 9004 65w/45w and the 9007 Xenon were only $10.

The ones I originally got from ebay were 100w/90w so i think ill just swap these 9007's in its only an extra 10watts from ebay and the ebay ones seem kinda cheapy like if they were painted blue or something.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the swap yesterday and it wasn't very hard a little bit tricky to get at the pegs but nothing to impossible, I defanitly noticed more lighting like a wider spread of light form the 9007 bulbs then form the 9004.

I Actually had all the tools I needed from another little project I was doing so it was kind of handy, All in all it wasn't very hard and it only cost me $10 and a little bit of my time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.