J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wonder'n how difficult it would be to remove the rear bench and make a custom sub enclosre that starts at the top of the console between the front seats and rises up to the back deck? I plan to wedge 4 15's ni this new enlcosure. I've asked people on other forums what they think and nobody has giv'n me real good info yet so i was hoping you people could help because who better to know.

·
Registered
129 Posts
well.. thats tough to answer since we dont know what material are you using. the removal of the back seat is easy and constructing a box to fit into the back can be either easy or hard.. for me my 88z would take some welding for support (since I got the crossbar support for the back seat) but on newer z'ds they almost all have the fold down seat. I wouldn't recommend making the enclosure all the way to the console since it would be a bitch to get rid of rattles.. if your going to get rid of the back seat to make the sub enclosure keep the box level to the back seats front.. then work on that it will look a lot better and sound a lot better... just remember use lots of rubber when mounting the sub enclosure cause if ya don't it will create a rattle somewhere. hope that helps.. if ya got any more q's just ask the z board. and also next time.. put the comment in the right category.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it was a general question:) I plan on using 3/4 in. plywood, and covering it in blue carpet. Also do you tihnk it would look silly, if i put one bucket int he back and then made the enclosure on one side?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.