J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...i'm seriously considering selling my 99 Contour SE Sport and buying a '97 Cavalier Z24 manual...how fast are they? What are the 0-60/ 1/4 mile times? Please let me know ASAP thanx!!!

[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
A 5 speed manual Z will run about 7.7 - 8 seconds 0-60, and high 15's - low 16's in the quarter. With minimal work, you should be able to get low 7's 0-6 and mid 15's in the quarter

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
All depends If you wanna get noticed. 95+ Cav's u can barely tell the difference between the Z24 and the stock Cav, and they are like cockroaches, they are EVERYWHERE!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
GM just spent alot of time and money developing the Ecotec and now you say they are bringing out a 200+HP Cavalier? SEMA showed what would be available for the Ecotec and what you could do to it. So maybe this is what you are talking about. they did have 200+ HP Cavaliers and Sunfires but only possible with available turbo and supercharges.

And if you want to know the top speed of a 3rd Gen it Governs out at 108MPH

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I sell a turbo kit for the 1996-2001 z24 that will put out some impressive numbers. I will have dynos in about a week but for now you can view the kit parts and pricing at the web address in my signature. Also moon is dead on with those stock numbers. And i have seen my exhaust and intake parts and they all are very restrictive. Bolts ons on this ride have great gains.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Sorry I forgot to add that I have a 1996 z24 coupe. And it is very fast with intake, ram air,exhaust an a few other goodies. In one week it will be a beast with the turbo installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts