J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK after dealing with it for 2 seasons, I finally got it working with the help of some friends. It turns out I had a leak in the compressor and the supply hoses for the compressor. I replaced those along with the orafice tube and dryer. My friend vacuumed the system, then we charged it with 134a and I've got working A/C! So far the charge has held over night which is longer than it has in previous attempts, and my fingers are crossed for it to continue working..

Just thought I'd share!

Now with A/C!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
<COLOR color="olive">Both of our cars have working A/C. I just replaced the compressor, O tube and dryer on the Black one since it was leaking out. I got the Harrison compressor (NOS) Brand New!!! for $70.

Its definately required in the South.
</COLOR>

·
Registered
250 Posts
amancuso,
You got a CLEAN Z my friend! I'm glad you were able to fix the A/C. I had the same problem with mine a few years back. In fact my '89 vert is the same color as yours, and I was wondering, Do you have a dark blue top or a black one. And is your interior blue or gray? I have a light blue interior and dark blue top.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guy, mine has a silver/grey interior and the top is black.. It originally came with a white one, but you can't get a cloth white top.... I think next time I'll just get a vinyl white one for originality's sake. If I had a blue interior, I would def. rock a dark blue top.

-Al.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'd actually stick with the cloth or canvas top in black. The canvas gives our verts a more upscale classy look. Vinyl looks "cheaper". Besides when I see a white vert with a white top it looks too monotone. I know when I replace the top on mine next time it, it's 'gonna be dark blue canvas.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I've been putting off fixing my A/C for 3 years now. It's all there, just need to charge it up. I've said it million times, but your Z is sooo clean! Just paint the silver white, along with mirrors and door handles, lol.... :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.