J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys some of you may remember me as having a white 93 z24, well i sold that car and picked up a teal 92 Z24 (long story) but anyway this 92 has less miles on it, but it needs a lil work, now as far as i know the muffler needs replaced, im gonna get a magnaflow or flowmaster shortly, but my question to you is this, when i put the car into drive, reverse, any gear, you feel the car go into gear, but if you punch the gas when its in that gear it makes a clunking sound, it sounds like its coming from around the manifold area, so could it just be the fact that the muffler is bad or what? and secondly, if i put the car in park and put on the ebrake (which i always do) after i put the car back in drive and take off the ebrake it feels like the ebrake doesnt let go right away or something, it kinda sticks... you feel the car jerk slightly when it does let go (bout 2 seconds after you release it) any idea's on any of that stuff???? anything will help, thanks...

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
jayno20 said:
well could it really be the mounts if it only does it in drive or reverse? if i rev the engine in park it doesnt make that clunking sound, only if its in gear....
yup

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
jayno20 said:
ok so its the motor mounts? now doesnt the transmission have mounts too? (not sure about that one) if so could it be those? and how much do motor mounts cost?
i didnt say it was the mounts for sure, buts its worth looking into....and yes there is 1 tranny mount, 2 engine mounts.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
4 engine mounts and 1 tranny mount :) These cars are notorious for bad mounts, and its useually the front passenger side mount, pain in the ass to replace :) cost me 80$!! for a new one.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
spaceman said:
4 engine mounts and 1 tranny mount :) These cars are notorious for bad mounts, and its useually the front passenger side mount, pain in the ass to replace :) cost me 80$!! for a new one.
sorry, only 2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.