J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is nothing special but i like it so maybe someone else will... recently when i was in my friends 92 or so 4 door cav i noticed that his sun visors have built-in mirrors on both sides!!!! and mine (or no other 88-90 z24) doesnt have them, so...i went to the junkyard and got a set from a fourdoor cav!!!!!($10) while i was there i also got a rearview mirror from a 92 chev lumina with maplights (or spliff rollin lights) :pimp: :pimp: :roll: :roll: it was easy to wire into the domelight. now my 90 z is more "fully loaded". i like it, the rear view mirror was only $5 :D :D

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I might get the rear view mirror with the map lights but I'll passs on the visor mirrors. The chance of finding visors in as good shape as mine are in are pretty slim. Besides, I have CD holders on my visors anyway.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its real easy to do just take off the plastic peice on your drivers side pillar (right beside the windsheild) and cut the orange and white wire (its actually 2 wires, one white and one white with an orange strip) then attach the orange and white wire from the mirror onto the wire on the car(then tape it up with electrical tape) you of course have to reattach the wire that you cut so your domelight still works, now ground out the white wire coming from the mirror(i attached the wire to a screw and screwed it into the elongated hole for where the plastic piece screws in) and voila you have a rear view mirror with map lights

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
cheetahcat79 said:
I have mirrors in the visors...
yep same here....altho one off them is broken after someone lost his temper a bit and punched the visor totally forgeting about the mirriors on the other side :oops:

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
mine dosent have them either but id like to get lighted mirrors. The map light mirror is also on the to do list.

·
Registered
33 Posts
rear view mirror with the lights in it hmm i've had that in my car for probly ohh 3 years :) verry easy install :) and ya the the lighted mirrors are in alot of the lumina's the 3 wire ones are the better ones so you can turn on the lights at any time plus they come on with the dome light 8)

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
;-) All 1987-1994 J verts have the map lights in the mirror, except there are no switches on the mirror you have to use the "dome" light control... Tho Soup's car had the map light switch upgrade on it for about 3 years already. hehe

-Al.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
amancuso said:
;-) All 1987-1994 J verts have the map lights in the mirror, except there are no switches on the mirror you have to use the "dome" light control... Tho Soup's car had the map light switch upgrade on it for about 3 years already. hehe

-Al.
yeah its kinda nice ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.