J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hows everyones cavs run in the winter? ever since its gotten colder its been using more gas and the other day i put in 90 octane ethonol gas and injector cleaner and it runs so differently, i think its running to rich cause when i ge tit gas in park the exhaust pops. also the other day on the highway i had it in cruise control and wasnn't paying attention and knocked it into neutral. surprising the car will not go into the red line, the gas cuts off before then. amazing i thought it was gone for sure but anyways anyones opinions wil be good.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I don't know if it's nice cold air or my car liking this time of year, but she runs very well in the winter. I am not sure whether I want to go with 5w or 10w oil this winter, because I allready bought the 10w not thinking of the colder weather. But that was in august. Maybe I should get some 5w and save the 10 for spring. Lol the only problem I had last winter was the vacuum lines going out after twelve years of service. To be honest, I am not sure if the egr was ever replaced until I started working on the car. Lol but I am starting to ramble on here. So whatever. The main thing is that my car runs well in winter.
later,
mark

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
i always use 5w30 it says it right on the oil filler cap ;)

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
my car, well, havent driven it in the winter, and if i had my way, i wouldnt, i'd drive the lumina, but i get the suspision that im going to drive the cav in the winter, anyways, now that its colder weather, the engine seems to like it, probably because its cool air :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.