J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new user but I am certainly no J-body virgin (I'm on my 5th).

What I'm trying to do is add cruise to my '94 RS Sedan.

Here's what I've done in the last few days -

I've hit my local yard. A '94 RS V6 is in, and it has cruise, as does a '93 RS 4-cyl like mine.

So far I've snagged the servo and hooked it all up as much as I can (throttle cable to the TB, bolted the thing to the strut mount) so it looks nice all unconnected under the hood. I've also obtained and installed the cruise stalk. Works good.

(While I was at it I installed the RS's rear sway bar, subframe connector and strut tower bar. Good times)

Here's where I'm at. Today I went nuts and got all underdash wiring that even remotely connected to the cruise, and the big vacuum lines too. It looks like a mess with having to drill the hole in the firewall....

By the way, what's with the big box under the kick panel?

I guess what I'm trying to ask, has anyone tried to add cruise here?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
A few main components
- Underhood box... round, has some wires, and the throttle cable
- Switch in steering column
- Box mounted under dash on the lower dash panel
- Wiring for it all
- Brake light switch with vacuum attachment.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
there will already be a "punch out" in the firewall for the cruise control stuff to go through, look at your firewall under the hood, if you are fimilar with where the wires/hoses were running in the junkyard cars, it will be in the same spot on yours. Good luck!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old thread, and I'm sorry for dredging it up. Anyone happen to have a schematic for the cruise? I have the Haynes manual and it seems to be geared toward pre-88 models more than 89-up.

Anyone with the '94 Electrical FSM would have the schematic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.