J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a question if someone could answer this for me.....i want to get a bit more power out of my car and i was thinking of putting an open air intake on my car ....by the way i have a 96 z24 ...i have a regular k&n air filter and i really notice the difference now ...the rpm's drop right away as im shifting i know its breathing better ...but what i want to know is if i do that how much better will it be and how would it get air where is it coming from and if i do this is there alot of work to it...do i have to move the stock one or what ...if anyone has one and wants to share with my the pro's and con's i would aprreciat it alot thanks
jimmy

·
Registered
415 Posts
Jimmy, Ive got a 97Z and even if you go with any kind of intake, you must free up the exhaust gasses. I would recommend getting a catback system which is an exhaust sytem with larger diameter pipe from the catalytic convertor to the tailpipe. For 150-250 dollars a local muffler shop can do this and youll notice a difference. I use the Dynomax Super Turbo for a muffler and the sound is great. As far as an intake goes, you can use your s-tube from your intake box and add a cone filter(K&N) to add even more power.
If youd like an idea of a custom intake, just click onto my sig and youll go to my website. It has pics of my intake(I made) and may give you some ideas. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.