J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my alarm installed yesterday. its a compustar 2w8000fmr
Love it. auto start works great was surprised by the range. total price with trunk popper was $585.00 installed. the only complaint i have is the manual sucks. does not explain alot. will just have to play with it to figure it all out. thats less than the price of my insurance deductable for when it was broke into and my whole system was stolen not to metion the damage they caused.so now its time to rebuild my audio system. I just installed the basics to get me by. jvc kamellion kd-lx10 deck.
kenwood 3.5 in the dash. pioneer 6 x 9 in rear. mei 600 watt amp powering two 10 inch ultimate subs in the trunk. where should i start with my new system? like lots of bass and have panels to put 6.5" componenets in the door. thninking of a innovatek in-435b dvd all in one for the dash. other than that im lost at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is thier a way to put it in silent mode so the alarm does not sound but still pages you?
how do you adjust the shock sensor? how does the rps work? from the other remote? and finally the dumb question....what is passive arming?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Watch out for the fuses. Most shops intall a fuse by the battery for the alarm makes it real easy to bypass.

1. break window
2. pop hood
3. pull fuse

poof alarm off

If its there I would def look for a way to rewire the power.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
taegeuk said:
is thier a way to put it in silent mode so the alarm does not sound but still pages you?
how do you adjust the shock sensor? how does the rps work? from the other remote? and finally the dumb question....what is passive arming?
no you can't have itjust page you, it makes noise, thats what alarms are designed to do, the shock sensor has a thumb wheel on it you cna move to different numbers, mines set at a 3 out of 10 and its just about right, the RPS is gay, mine doesnt work and i have yet to see a car have one that works, i just use it as a blinking light in the window so i konw the cars armed, as for the passive arming, you can set it so it arms itself automatically, there should be something in the manual about programming it to arm when your a certain distance away or after 30 seconds or something like that

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I recently put in a 2w900fmas in my car and i love it besides the fact that you cant unlock/lock independently on the 2 way remote.. only on the 1 way. As for the RPS, i had it working when i was installing it but i never put it in because it's useless. All it does is page your remote when someone waves their hand over the RPS Sensor in the window.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.