J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
The lids are different definetly, but the spoiler you have from the '94 will bolt on and fit your sedan as far as I know. There's a couple I have seen in the registry with the spoiler on a four door, but no names are actually coming to mind.

Chris

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
88cavalierz24 said:
the 2 door lids slope alittle and the 4 door lids are more flat.
The 4 door lids also have a different lower rear BIW.

The 2 door coupes/convertibles have the U shape rear entry where the middle lights are part of the trunk lid and raise with it, whereas the 4 doors have a "top only" trunk entry, the light panel is fixed and doesn't raise with the trunk lid... thus being Totally different, and will not fit.

Otherwize, you can pretty much grab any trunk lid from 1988 to 1994 off a 2 door, and they'll all be the same, just different spoilers from year to year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't going to use the 3rd brake light anyway because I figured there would be clearance issues. Thanks for the tips.

....and for my second question............I noticed that the third brake light had a rubber pad to put between the light and the trunklid, do the two mounting points for the spoiler have those as well because I didn't get any when I picked up the spoiler. I'll just order them from the stealership if I have too.

·
Registered
439 Posts
fixxxer said:
I wasn't going to use the 3rd brake light anyway because I figured there would be clearance issues. Thanks for the tips.

....and for my second question............I noticed that the third brake light had a rubber pad to put between the light and the trunklid, do the two mounting points for the spoiler have those as well because I didn't get any when I picked up the spoiler. I'll just order them from the stealership if I have too.
Yes there is supposed to be pads there, but they're more of a foamy rubber type material. Don't go to the dealer... Just go to home depot and go to the flooring section and look for rubberized undermatting, you can even get it in different colours!! Same type material, and all it's there for is to seal it, and protect from vibration (I guess so your paint doesn't chip)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.