J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me with this. This has to be one of the most weird things that has ever happened to me. I hooked up a new system in my car and like always I run the power wire/remote down the driver side, the rca cables down the console, and speaker wires on the passenger side. I have this horrible whine but only when hook up my sub rca's to the amp. It doesn't seem like it's there when I have just the Mid/Hi amp hooked up. When I ran the cables from the pass-thru on the mid/hi amp to my sub amp, it seemed like it went away. What could this be?

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jakerooni said:
Are you using sheilded RCA's??? could be a defective set.
No. That could be the problem. while I was hooking up my amp, one of the RCA ends dropped and landed on my power block, which in turn fried the output circuits on my radio, so I guess I'll try using another set. I thought I used the ones that hadn't fell onto it. Thanks Jake.... I'll try that when I get home.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys...I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My brother finally brought his ass over last night and checked it out for me. It ended up being the amp that was causing the problem! Oh well, have to go and get a new one today I guess!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.