J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any other Canadians (or maybe Americans) can tell me where you bought the Aluminized Exhaust tubing you need for the intake mod. I was able to buy everything I need where I live except for this tubing. Is there any Canadian locations/websites that sell/ship this kind of stuff or is my only hope to order it from JC whitney and pay $47 CAN w/shipping. It surprised me that most exhaust shops don't do mandrel bending and race/perf shops don't have these types of pipes. I guess a 16 inch guage pipe w/3 inch diameter and 45 deg. mandrel bend is not the most common pipe ... Frustrating . Thanks in advance.

[ This Message was edited by: z24user on 2001-08-01 12:01 ]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy I talked to at Canadian Tire didn't even know what mandrel bent meant. Doesn't matter, I orderd from JC Whitney this morning. $34 US (Approx $50 CAN) shipping included. And get this, 15-21 working days for delivery!! (I think I heard her correctly, she was talking so damn loud!!) I don't understand why it would take so long to ship to southern ontario. If you can ship it too Michigan or NY in 4-5 days then I don't see how it takes another 10 - 16 days to get it 1 hour across the border and into my hands.

[ This Message was edited by: z24user on 2001-08-02 12:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: z24user on 2001-08-02 12:34 ]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow, you mean someone at an auto parts store didn't know what you were talking about? Never! Hah, you should have seen me at Pep Boys trying to get heater hose for my TB bypass. I mean, c'mon.
Anyways, different-country shipping is like that. I'm sure you can manage those extra two weeks, though. I still have to get one of those, myself - or make one. Damn lack of funds.
Anyways, I'm sure you'll find it well worth the wait.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I can wait. Just kind of wanted to get it done next week. No big deal... Canadian Tire is a huge store with all sorts of things including an Auto Parts department. It's always fun to talk to the auto parts guys cause a lot of them are clueless and all they have is their computer. Tell them you need a cigarette lighter and they ask you what size your motor is.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've got my tube coming in on friday.

I ordered it directly from the local Speedy shop.
I think he said $18 or something like that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
bah
they called me back today and said that they couldn't find it in either of their warehouses.
it's gonna take till next wednesday now.
there goes my weekend project...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts