J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just went out and bought a used amp. He said he couldn't get it to work and that he paid a professional money to run the wires and everything and then when he got the amp he would hook it up. Well it's not working at all. The green light on the amp is not on at all. Well I took the one out of my car which is practically brand new and hooked it up and still nothing. When I got back to my car to hook everything back up it's doing the same thing to me. It worked perfectly before but now like stupid green light on mine's not coming on and nothing. Any suggestions before I start throwing stuff. :evil: Like I said everything worked before. All I had to do was hook it back up!!!!!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind guys. Figured out what's wrong with mine. I was so angry that I forgot to check the lil stuff. Blown in-line fuse. But have no idea on my buddies. I've checked his fuse numerous times and its good.

·
Registered
902 Posts
err, so you hooked your amp up to your friends wiring and it blew your fuse? Maybe the "professional" mixed the wires around, so you have your 12v going to your remote and the black ground wire hooked up to your power etc... I bet its not that bad, but why don't you try your friends amp in your car?

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
I'm gonna suggest a DMM to check the wires on your friend's car. Also, try a different fuse. Though it may look good, glass fuses tend to separate from the end caps and act like a blown fuse.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pingpong said:
err, so you hooked your amp up to your friends wiring and it blew your fuse? Maybe the "professional" mixed the wires around, so you have your 12v going to your remote and the black ground wire hooked up to your power etc... I bet its not that bad, but why don't you try your friends amp in your car?
Nope....I hooked mine up in his truck and my green light didn't come on my amp. So the next day I went to hook it back in my car and I accidently touched some wires and it blew my fuse in my car.

My buddy has a brand spankin new Dodge Ram and at first I thought I didn't get good ground. I have it grounded to the bolt on his seat. But I'm not getting anything. So I believe maybe it's the remote wire from the CD Player might be hooked up wrong. He told the guy at Wests to hook wire in the CD Player and run the wires for the Amp to where all I had to do was just wire it into the amp. I mean West ran the 12volt, and the remote but not the ground.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
pull your fuse every time you remove the amp, that way you won't blow you fuse or short circuit the amp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.