J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be able to help me and guess why my 500 watt amp's right channel is distorted? I tried hooking it up to multiple speakers, but it keep comming through distorted. Any info would be great. Thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
It would help to have a bit more info as to what you've got, how it's wired, et cetera. :)

One thing you could try is swapping the right and left inputs and see if the right channel is still distorted. If then it's the left channel distorted, you need to check your signal wires and head unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the left swap, and still, its distorted. I tried the amp in a friend's car, and got the same result. Could I have a bad solder joint or a connection loose in the amp? Thanks

moderator said:
I've corrected you numerous spelling errors. Use spell check please.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
So you tried swapping inputs and the right channel was still distorted? Try swapping left and right outputs, then see which channel is distorted. If it's now the left that's distorted, then yes, you likely have some sort of problem with your amp. If it's STILL the right channel that's distorted, you've got either bad wiring to your right speaker, or else the speaker itself is screwed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I swapped everything, and it seems that it is looking like a internal problem with the amp. Any more suggestions? Thanks for all the help you have given me so far by the way. :) Thx, Renner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.